If you’re a new-age business owner, professional, or non-profit, chances are you’ve heard about Content Marketing as an alternative to traditional advertising.
What exactly is Content Marketing?
1. Gifting your target audience with FREE, useful information (“content”)—blogs, e-blasts, newsletters, white papers, website copy, YouTube videos
2. Focusing on narrow topics on which you are expert (no selling, please)
3. Publishing on a regular basis–monthly, weekly, whatever you can manage
4. Establishing thought leadership so when potential customers, patients, or members need what you offer, they think of YOU, not your competitors
How does Content Marketing save you advertising dollars?
1. Eliminates the cost of space or air time allowing you to invest only in content production
2. Earns a higher ROI with the added exposure of social media Sharing (blogs gone viral are priceless)
3. Creates greater impact as interested readers/viewers are willing to spend more time engaged–more with less
4. Drives cost-free traffic to your website
How can you get started with Content Marketing?
1. Make a list of 10 specific subjects related to your field that would interest your target market.
2. Write two or three blogs or e-blasts (what you are reading is an e-blast) to get you started.
3. Add a blog page to your website so you can post new blogs to it regularly.
4. Enroll with an on-line mail delivery service like Constant Contact or AWeber to repurpose blogs as e-blasts (e-mails to your entire contact list).
If you’re too busy to write your own content or writing isn’t your strong suit, contact a content marketer or copywriter to write or edit for you. Proofread like crazy!